12. April. 2023 The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry of Mongolia, represented by State Secretary Mr. Jambaltseren Tumur-Uya, and Dairy Asia (Intergovernmental Organization), represented by CEO & coordinator Mr. Batbaatar Bayarmagnai has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to ensure the long-term sustainable development of Mongolia’s food and agriculture sector, to implement the strategic goals of the country’s dairy industry (export oriented and value added) and to strengthen the Dairy Asia partnership based in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Parties will cooperate in the following activities:
1. To improve the competitiveness of Mongolia’s dairy industry, through the increasing the involvement and participation of stakeholders of the country’s dairy sector to the Dairy Asia’s event series with knowledge sharing and information exchanging.
2. To promote the effective development and cooperation between the public, private sector, industrial associations, and international partner organizations in the country’s dairy sector.
3. To increase the utilization of Mongolia’s milk resources, to support the dairy farmers and herders in remote areas for import substitution, export oriented and value added dairy sector and to promote the Mongolia’s dairy industry internationally.
4. Jointly establish a unified e-platform (database) of research and studies in the country’s dairy industry, develop research-based policies, and work together to study the possibilities of introducing technological research into practice.
5. Jointly implement activities to accession the target countries (with a good cooperation of Mongolia) in the North-East Asia, Central Asia, West Asia, and the Middle East to Dairy Asia.
6. Support the establishment of the “World Yak Association” and “International Bactrian Camel Association” in Mongolia and the creation of “World Yak Day” as part of the Dairy Asia’s initiative.
7. In the framework of the strategy to increase the milk consumption and support the milk production, jointly celebrate “World Milk Day” (1st June) and “World School Milk Day” (the last Wednesday of September) in an effective way, to increase the involvement and participation of milk producers and consumers to the celebration events.
8. Support the initiative of the Dairy Asia Secretariat to celebrate the last seven days of May every year as the “Asian Milk Week” in anticipation of the “World Milk Day” and to increase the public awareness of the sustainable milk production and consumption.
9. Jointly implement projects and programs in the direction of cooperation in the dairy sector within the framework of the Asian Development Bank’s Central Asian Regional Economic Cooperation /CAREC/ initiative and other donor countries and international organizations.
10. Jointly study the possibilities “School Milk Program” to Mongolia and develop proposals.